Sunday, September 19, 2010

Orchids

    I hate to only post one drawing, but sadly it's all I had to show for my whole weekend. Beach days by the bonfire take a surprising amount of energy out of you.

    I was thinking of simple things that I'd want to put into a mural on one of the walls in my room, and I wondered if Orchids would be something cool to look at. Unfortunately I'd never really drawn them before, but not to worry, there's always a time to start.

    After browsing google images for inspiration, I picked one picture to serve as the anatomy example for all the key components. Afterwards, I just drew keeping those components in mind. Here's what I ended up with.

    The image quality is pretty bad. It's certainly not a Georgia O'keefe, but I think that for a first swing it's not too shabby.

More to come later!

-Michael Stamos

No comments:

Post a Comment